We are very excited about this new program that we are rolling out for 2016!
Our new Farm Share program has been created for the family that:
- Desires to eat both local and high quality food
- Wants to be more connected to the food they bring into their home.
- Will appreciate the opportunity to learn more about where their food comes from, and the family who produces it
- Appreciates the convenience of not having to track down each item from a different farm
If you already know that this is the program for you, get started by filling out the application by clicking on the button below:
What is Included in the Farm Share Program?
All of our Farm Share Members can expect to receive a variety of food offered throughout the year, as well as a number of experiences here on our farm.
You can plan on receiving the following (or similar):
- 1 gallon of raw cow milk per week
- 1/2 gallon of raw goat milk per week* (or chevre cheese)
- 3 dozen eggs every two weeks*
- 1 quart of honey each month
- 4 whole chickens for each month
- 2 turkeys per year
- 2 half hogs per year
- 2 lambs per year
- 2 quarter beef per year
- various produce offered June through September
- free admission to all farm community events
- $50 Harvest Festival credit
- $100 Christmas Celebration credit
- 2 semi-annual exclusive farm to table events (only open to Farm Share Members)
- 1 working farm day experience
- monthly updates and pictures regarding the happenings on the farm plus our favorite recipes to help utilize all of the food you receive
- an annual membership to the All Things Homestead Buying Club AND 5% discount off of all purchases made – a great way to bring home additional “grocery” and other natural items when you pick up your weekly share
- private Facebook group to connect with us and other Farm Share owners
- Peace of mind knowing that you are closely connected to the farm and family that produce your food!
*Please note that there is often a small amount of time during the winter that the production of these items decrease greatly or become no-existent. We do our best to take preventative measure against this, but sometimes the drop in production can not be avoided completely.
We have included an estimated schedule of when you can expect to receive each of the items above over the course of the year:
How the Farm Share Program Works…
First, the application process:
- Complete the Farm Share Application linked below.
- If memberships are still available, you will be invited for a special farm visit.
- Attend farm visit – meet us, visit with the animals, and taste the food!
- Take some time to make sure that the Farm Share Program is right for your family.
- Let us know when you are ready to commit to the program.
Memberships will be finalized on a first come basis. If you do not make it into the program this year, you will be placed on a waiting list and also receive the first opportunity to purchase additional products and/or share items that may become available throughout the year.
The Farm Share Program officially starts on April 1st, 2016.
Products will be available for pick up at our farm in Elizabeth on a weekly basis. Delivery to drop points in Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Aurora, or Parker are also available for an additional charge. We do request that you pick up directly from the farm at least once a month.
Anyone who completes their buy in prior to April 1st will receive cow milk and eggs for the remainder of March at no additional charge.
What is the Vision of Sobre Zaltana?
Our desire is to produce the highest quality meat, produce, and other farm products for a very small number of families that we are able to serve both in providing these nourishing foods and also in community.
Some of our practices and beliefs:
- Small agriculture is the only way to ensure that quality remains high, practices are sustainable, and animal welfare is highly considered.
- Producing using a collective “homestead” model that integrates the symbiotic relationships that God built into all aspects of the farm is superior over the alternative “specialization” model.
- Holistic care is of the utmost importance to ensure that animals are kept healthy utilizing the most natural methods as opposed to conventional practices. This is something that we hold to, not only on our farm, but also in our home… so you know we’re truly dedicated to the principle.
- All feed should be formulated to best provide a diet that God intended for each species. All feed will be organic, non-GMO, etc., although some of the supplements or feed products used are not offered or hard to find in organic versions. In this case, we will look for OMRI certified, meaning that the product is acceptable for an organic program. Extra care is taken in sourcing supplemental hay to ensure it has not been sprayed or chemically fertilized and that GMO seeds are not used.
- Heritage breed livestock must be chosen for its superior product, natural keeping ability, natural breeding methods, and sustainable aspects that are not often present in commercialized breeds.
- Livestock offspring should be raised with it’s mother and as part of the herd till it reaches an adequate age to be weened in order to provide the best chance possible, in both health and development of natural instinct.
- When health/medical issues arise, all efforts should be made to remedy the situation using natural methods (herbal, homeopathic, essential oils, etc.). Conventional methods and antibiotics will only be used in life threatening situations at which point, the animal will not be included as part of our program.
- Our customers are important, and a big part of why we do what we do. Rather than simply sending food out to faceless names, we desire to have community with a small number of our closest customers, both bringing you closer to the food that nourishes your family, and us closer to the families we serve.
How Do I Sign Up?
If our Farm Share Program sounds like it would be a good fit for your family, please fill out the application linked to the button below.
Once you go through the complete application process, if you choose to become a member, there is a one time share buy in fee of $750 that is due immediately in order to secure your membership. Monthly share payments of $650 are then due on April 1st and by the 1st of each following month for one year (through March 2017).
We have put together some of the most frequently asked questions and described a bit more about the program here:
You may also feel free to let us know if you have any questions by using the contact page or giving us a call at 720.295.6720.
When you are confident that you would like to be considered for the program, please fill out an application by clicking on the button below. We will be in touch with any questions we might have and to set up a time for a special farm visit.